Friday, November 4, 2011

The $150 Wrench

The offending wrench.
Late last week as my husband drove my car to work, the back tire blew out. Since we had to order a new tire, we used my husband's car over the weekend. Family of four down to one car. Not easy.

When the new tire arrived and was being put on, one of the mechanics came over and told me my Buick was ready. I corrected him and said I don't own the Buick. "Oh, then you're the wrench lady," he told me.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Come over here," he beckoned. "Hey Dave, here's the wrench lady."

Dave pulled off of the shelf a gray, metal wrench and handed it to me. "When I was taking off your hubcap, I heard a rattling. At first I thought the sensory was blown. But then I pulled out the wrench. In all of my years of being a mechanic, I've pulled out box cutters, rebar, nails, but never, ever, a wrench."

So, the wrench was the culprit. I called my husband and told him, "We just bought a $150 wrench," I joked. Of course, my son thinks it's really cool and wanted the wrench.

When my husband got home from work, I handed him the "new" wrench.

Wondering how in the heck a wrench could puncture a tire?

The Wondering Texan

Quotable Quote:
Our neighbors are hosting some friends from Liverpool, England, for two weeks. We went over the other night to meet them. They commented on how big vehicles are here and specifically about the F250 our neighbor drives. In his endearing British voice, John said, "I've never driven down a highway in a condo before."

This Saturday, they are hosting a traditional American Thanksgiving for their guests. Should be fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment