Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yikes! There's a Teenager in the House

Silly times at Charming Charlie's
Our daughter turned 13 on Sunday. It's now official. Her father and I are the dumbest people on the planet. Except for when we decided to have her.

Last night, she was moody and "giving attitude" to my husband. My husband turned to me and asked, "so this is the beginning? How long do you think this will last?"

I almost hated to tell him but we've got probably about five more years of the 'tude.

Chocolate cake and ice cream. Is anything better?
For her party on Saturday night, my sister-in-law and I took four girls to the mall, followed by pizza and a movie. Each girl received $10 in mad money for the trip. I told one girl's father the mall plan and he looked at me and said, "that sounds like hell."

But truthfully, what else do young girls want to do? And they were really good without any drama. My sister-in-law and I dutifully followed a respectable four-to-five feet behind the girls as they darted in and out of crowds and stores. We probably looked like two mama bears strolling behind their cubs.

At the end of the four hours in the mall, my sister-in-law and I looked at each other and couldn't remember the last time we had spent that much time in a mall. It's definitely for the young. Our feet hurt, our throats were dry, and we just wanted to sit down.

But everyone made it through and the credit cards weren't flaming. A good time by all.

Wondering what boys want to do when they turn 13?

The Wondering Texan

Quotable Quote:
Over the weekend, my husband and I were at an event. We met a couple whose husband recently retired. The wife told us her perspective on retirement, "I married him for richer and poorer, for better and worse. But not for lunch." That made us chuckle. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment