Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A New Shopping Experience

In the last few weeks, I've discovered a new place to shop for clothes -- my daughter's closet.

My "new" shoes.
It has only been recent that she has ditched the Hello Kitty, Aeropostle and sparkly stuff. And she's so finicky that some new stuff she has hardly worn before changing her mind that it's unacceptable. Of course, my back nine isn't the same size as hers, but shoes, belts, sweaters and tops are interchangeable.

Just the other day I dived into her closet and came up with "new" Nike shoes that barely had any miles on them. OK, there is one dog tooth mark, but hey, I'm a mom and my standards are much lower.  Her gray bolero sweater looks great with my hot pink ruffle top. When she's at school, I slide my feet into her Sperry shoes. I've inherited black, faux fur trimmed boots from her and "borrow" her headbands for yoga.

I've almost doubled my wardrobe over night and the cost is unbeatable.

Of course she's borrowed some of my stuff too. Certain tops and belts she loves. But she did make one mistake a few weeks ago. She decided to wear my sweatpants to basketball practice. They are Lycra with an elastic waistband. She told me the girls all loved the pants and asked where she got them from. She said, "they are my mom's." The other girls were shocked. "You can wear your mom's pants?" they asked. Then, she caught on. "Of course not, these stretch out a lot," she said. "Why, do you think I look fat?" She's never worn those pants since.

Wondering what to wear today. Got to go shopping.

The Wondering Texan

Quotable Quote:
Last week I took my daughter to get a pedicure as a treat for making all A's and doing great on her basketball team. As I sat waiting for her to finish, an older woman (about 80) sat next to me. To my right, I noticed a very young couple (about 18) sitting by the light drying table. I assumed he was waiting for his girlfriend's toes to finish drying. Then they got up and I saw that not only did she have a pedi, but he did too. And his nails were alternately painted black and hot pink. They paid and then he was about to put on his cowboy boots when he had second thoughts. He asked the technician, "Can I put my boots back on now?" The technician squinted her eyes and wrinkled up her nose before saying in her thick Asian accent, "NO! NO! NO!" The poor man boy looked lost. Then the older woman next to me told him, "You can't put those back on for at least an hour or two."  Looking totally beaten, he picked up his boots and walked in his little paper flip flops to his big F250 truck. "Now that's TRUE love," the older woman laughed.

"Well, at least until his friends see him," I replied. Don't you just love young love?








No comments:

Post a Comment